A recreation of the Epidauros amphitheater in the Peloponnese in Greece. Epidauros is located in the municipality of Epidauros, part of the prefecture of Argolis. This interactive application has been created for students of theater and drama at the University of Queensland in order to understand the theater space. You can download a free copy of the application below. You are free to download and use the interactive application but must seek permission by Ortelia to distribute or post this application elsewhere. You cannot sell or otherwise derive profit from the Epidauros virtual tour application without the express permission of Ortelia.
A brief video of the theater virtual tour.
General Instructions for use
- Double click the file Epidauros.exe
- When the applications loads you can navigate by using the W, S, A, and D keys to move forward, backwards, Left and Right respectively.
- Click and hold the Right Mouse Button to look around.
- Change the time of day using the slider at the top left of the screen.
- Switch between the current environment and the original theatre using the buttons at the top Left of the screen.
- The following hardware and software configurations are recommended but not essential for running the 3D interactive virtual tour.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP™ (SP3), Microsoft Vista™, Microsoft Windows 7™
Macintosh OS is not supported
- Recommended minimum of 2Gb of system RAM
- Intel Core 2 Duo or Quad Core processor
- Recommended DirectX 9c capable graphics card with a minimum of 256Mb graphics memory (we recommend Nvidia graphics cards with 512Mb or memory and above)
The 3D interactive environment utilizes Microsoft DirectX shaders. Your graphics card should support Microsoft DirectX 9c and above to ensure that your environment will display correctly.